Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 2 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 2600+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 2 Million active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised more than US$500 million over five rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
You will be part of the founding team of engineers in our brand new tech lab in India! You will be tasked with building the foundations and establishing the best engineering culture of the tech lab to design, develop, test and ship software that propels the business forward.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain software that powers Ninja Van's complex logistics operations.
- Help design the architecture, own development of major initiatives and modules.
- Work in cross functional teams with product managers, UX designers and QA engineers to ship software on-quality and on-time.
- Help level up the team; share knowledge, conduct code and design review; drive code quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Write code that you are proud of, with extensibility, scalability and performance in mind.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
- 3-6 years of backend or frontend development in a product company, with a proven track record of shipping successful software products.
- Deep experience in most of our tech stack or similar technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application
(the “Notice”) and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data by Ninja Logistics Pte Ltd (the “Company”) for the purposes set out in the Notice. In the event that your job application or personal data was received from any third party pursuant to the purposes set out in the Notice, you warrant that such third party has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for the purposes set out in the the Notice.